3213 Duke St #190
Alexandria, VA 22314
FITSI is the Federal IT Security Institute which is a non-profit organization managing and administering the FITSP certification program. FITSP stands for the Federal IT Security Professional and is broken into four individual IT security certification programs targeted at the Federal workforce based upon role.
FITSI's mission is "To help secure the Nation's Federal Information Systems by certifying that Federal Workforce members understand and can apply appropriate Federal IT security standards."
What is FITSP?
FITSP is an IT security certification program targeted at the Federal workforce (civilian personnel, military and contractors). This certification program synergizes the knowledge of other security certifications with the standards and practices that are being used by the United States Federal government. There are four different IT security roles that FITSP covers: Manager, Designer, Operator and Auditor.
1. January 23rd, 2018 - 2018 FITSP certification training class schedule has been posted Learn more.
2. January 9th, 2018 - Exam dates for the 2018 FITSP certification program have been posted Learn more.
3. October 26th, 2017 - Attend the second annual Federal IT Security Conference (FITSC) 2017 of November 14th, 2017 in Columbia, MD. Hear from Dr. Ron Ross and other Federal cyber security leaders! Earn 7 CPE for the day! Learn more.
4. Febraury 9th, 2017 - 2017 FITSP Training schedule has been released. Sign up early to make sure your spot is saved! Learn more.
5. November 29th, 2016 - Want to become FITSP-Auditor certified? FITSI is offering a review class December 12th-14th, 2016. Learn more.
6. July 29th, 2016 - FITSI is hosting the first annual Federal IT Security Conference (FITSC) on November, 8th, 2016 in Columbia, MD. Learn more.
7. July 21st, 2016 - FITSI is hosting a FITSP-Manager certification review course September 13th-15th in Arlington, VA. Learn more.
8. July 21st, 2016 - Looking to learn how to audit Federal systems and controls? Attend our FITSP-Auditor certification review course September 20th-22nd in Arlington, VA. Learn more.
9. July 14th, 2016 - Department of State (DOS) Approves FITSI Certifications for its Skills Incentive Program (SIP)! Learn more.
10. May 4th, 2016 - FITSI to host a 3 day FITSP-Manager certification review class June 7th-9th, 2016 in Arlington, VA. Learn more.
11. April 22nd, 2016 - FITSI offers a three day RMF training class in Arlington, VA from May 24th-26th, 2016. Learn more.
12. February 12th, 2016 - Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Adopts FITSP Certifications for the Cyber Skills Incentive Program (CSIP)!. Learn more.